What are the qualifications for Level 2 Wernick Method Camps (at MerleFest, Silver Bay and others)?
- Be experienced at bluegrass jamming, including following guitar chord changes easily
- Be able to play comfortably in the keys of G and D, use the chord number system, and understand capo use.
- Be able to jam comfortably at “intermediate” speeds (100 beats/minute or more)
- Be able to sing reasonably in pitch and lead songs (“good voice” not required)
- Be willing / able to fake instrumental solos on most songs in G or D (except basses and rhythm-only guitars who don’t aspire to play guitar solos)